The Mountain Kingdom is a nature lover’s paradise branded by breathtaking natural scenery. From its surging waterfalls to its towering peaks, the incredibly diverse indigenous flora and fauna, and the contagious culture of the Basotho people, Lesotho is a land offering tourists countless captivating experiences to be had.
As the only country in the world located 1,000 meters above sea level, Lesotho might be a small country, but the possibilities are larger than life for travelers seeking to relax and rejuvenate within natural surroundings. Booking a cheap flight to Lesotho has never seemed so alluring…
When is the best time to fly to Lesotho?
If you’re planning some outdoor adventures then flying to Lesotho during February to April would be ideal since you’ll be greeted by warm, sunny skies. If you’re planning on seeing the snow-capped mountains and undertaking a skiing adventure, you’d be better off booking a cheap flight to Lesotho anywhere between May and August.
November through to January is Lesotho’s off season due to the fact that this is when the country receives the majority of its annual rainfall. These months may be wet and windy, but it may help you find cheaper deals on flights and accommodation.
When is the best time to book a flight to Lesotho?
October through to April can be very hot in Lesotho, but the country also sees extremely cold temperatures at the heart of the winter months, sometimes dropping to -18°C. Booking a flight to Lesotho between March and May might be your best shot at landing the cheapest flight deals and enjoying the best weather the country has to offer.
How long is the flight to Lesotho?
Johannesburg to Maseru Moshoeshoe 55 minutes
Durban to Maseru Moshoeshoe 3 hours, 35 minutes
Cape Town to Maseru Moshoeshoe 4 hours, 20 minutes
Which airlines operate flights to Lesotho?
Finnaviation, South African Airways, and South African Airlink all offer cheap flights to and from Lesotho. The quickest and cheapest flight to and from Maseru can be booked with Airlink.
How to get from the airport to the city center?
Moshoeshoe International Airport is the principal gateway into Lesotho, which means that all flights to and from Lesotho arrive and depart here. Tourists may book private chartered flights from the Maseru airport in order to access some of the more remote villages. When arriving at the airport, you can make use of any one of the minibuses, taxi services, or public buses to get to the city center.
Lesotho insider information
- Lesotho is home to the highest peak in Africa, Thabana-Ntlenyana, soaring high at 3,482 meters.
- History buffs should consider paying a visit to Lesotho’s oldest town, Morija. This where you’ll be able to see dinosaur remains dating back 180-million years as well as a collection of stone-age tools and weapons.
- For a breathtaking view, head over to Southern Africa’s highest waterfall drop, the Maletsynyane Falls, located in Semonkong.
- Visitors to Lesotho can access one of Africa’s highest and most remote parks - Sehlabathebe - via the spectacular Sani Pass mountain range.
- One of the best ways to explore the more remote villages in Lesotho is via a guided pony-trekking excursion, led by Basotho horsemen.
Find flights to Lesotho
Select your preferred destination from the list below
Select your preferred route from the list below
How much do things cost in Lesotho?
Imported beer (0.33 litre)
3 bedroom apartment outside of centre
International departures to Lesotho